Join Seven Clean Seas, SEA circular and partners for a webinar on UN World Oceans Day 2020 discussing real solutions for ocean plastic.
8 June 2020
- Maggie Lee – SEA circular, UN Environment Programme
- Jocelyn Matyas – Project Lead, The Incubation Network
- Dan Jordan – Materials Specialist, Summit Systems
Tom Peacock-Nazil – Founder & CEO, Seven Clean Seas
Overview agenda and discussion points:
6pm (SGT) Introduction
– Panel Discussion: “Real World Solutions for Plastic Free Oceans”
- Why do we have an ocean plastic pollution issue in the first place?
- Who is responsible for this crisis?
- What tools / solutions does humanity have to fix the issue?
- How much of the responsibility falls on the consumer?
- Should solutions voluntarily be adopted by companies or should they be enforced by government policymakers?
- What is the bottom line with plastic usage?
- Do you think we can save the oceans?
Q&A from the audience
Wrap up and takeaways
7.15pm (SGT) Finish