The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and Food Industry Asia (FIA) are launching a report entitled PERCEPTIONS ON PLASTIC WASTE: Insights, interventions and incentives to action from businesses and consumers in South-East Asia.
Date: 23 June 2020
Time: 3-4pm (BKK) 8-9am (UTC)
Location: Virtual report launch on MS Teams
About: This new report covers the findings of a regional survey of consumers and food and beverage businesses across South-East Asia, into their perceptions of plastic use and wastage.
The survey polled consumers and businesses in five countries that are estimated to be among the top 10 sources of plastic marine debris globally – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand and Viet Nam.
The full report is published here
- Staffan Herrström Swedish Ambassador to Thailand, Lao PDR and Myanmar
- Isabelle Louis Deputy Regional Director Asia and the Pacific Office, UNEP
- Matthew Kovac Executive Director, Food Industry Asia (FIA)
- Kakuko Nagatani-Yoshida Regional Coordinator for Chemicals,Waste and Air Quality, Asia and Pacific Office, UNEP
- Edwin Seah Head of Sustainability, Food Industry Asia (FIA)
- Fraser Thompson Director, AlphaBeta Singapore
Join the virtual launch and find out:
- Are businesses and consumers changing their plastic use behaviours?
- Should governments do more to end plastic waste?
- What are the next steps to beat plastic pollution?